- Kennedy Center 10-minute Play Festival finalist (Pillow), 2014
- Kennedy Center 10-minute Play Festival finalist (Quorum), 2013
- Best Citywide Ensemble Award (Radiating Like a Stone), 2013
- Best Citywide Drama award nomination, 2011
- Best Citywide Comedy award nomination, 2009
- LAST CHANCE LIQUOR, Wichita, January 2017
- THE MIRACLE OF FATHER KAPAUN, Wichita, 2017, 2013
- RADIATING LIKE A STONE, Wichita, February 2013
- PARDON MY DUST, Denver, March 2013; Wichita, 2010
- ROAD TO ROUEN, Wichita, 2008; Minneapolis, 2000
In our time together, we will read brief excerpts from opening pages of scripts and discuss what we read—and what we learned about the characters and settings from these bare beginnings. What information did we learn? How did the writer get this information across?
Members will work on two or three writing exercises. These exercises will involve props and story setups. These will explore efficient writing—how to do more with less; creating conflict, the key ingredient in any play; and showing without telling. I’ll ask a few people to share what they’ve written, if they wish.
This meeting is free and open to the public. Please come prepared with pen and paper or electronic device.
When: Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 1:30-3:30 p.m.
Where: Larksfield Place, 7373 E. 29th St. N., Wichita KS (just west of Rock Rd. on the south side of 29th Street).
Park in the Visitors lot and enter the Welcome Entrance walking left through the main dining room to the Lakeview Dining Room.