An Afternoon of Poetry and Music
Happening Saturday, November 23rd, 2019, 12:00-4:00 pm
Venue: Wichita Public Library Advanced Learning Library
- You must be a current member of Kansas Authors Club District 5.
- Two poems may be submitted—make it them your best. (Note to anyone who may have submitted one poem already - you may submit a second if you wish. Although the original call asked for one poem, this revision is to encourage submitters to enter two.)
- Length: poem must not take over 4 minutes to read aloud at a relaxed pace. Shoot for anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes, max.
- Submission to include a cover letter. Letter and poem should both be in a single .doc or .rtf file. Letter and poem must be on separate pages, as the poems will be judged blind. The cover letter must include your name and contact information, a 50-word bio and the title of your entry; poet's name should not appear on the poem page. Entry single spaced; margins 1 inch.
- Your submittal is your verification that you will be available to read on the date of the event.
- Submit your entries as an attachment to an email message addressed to:
- Entry must be submitted prior to midnight, September 30, 2019.
EPISTROPHY 2019 is an event cosponsored by The Kansas Authors Club District 5, The Wichita Public Library Advanced Learning Library, The Wichita Arts Council, The Wichita Jazz Festival, and River City Poetry, with additional funding by Bill and Marjean Harshbarger and other private donors.